Learn Spanish - Back to Basics
To learn Spanish, it is helpful to begin with a few building blocks. Select a topic.
If you are just starting to learn Spanish for the first time, begin with the vowels.
After reviewing the categories below, follow this link to learn Spanish grammar: Spanish Grammar.
And later, begin to practice Conversational Phrases.
1. Vowels, Alphabet, Fundamentals of Pronunciation
1a. Special Consonants
1b. More About Accent Marks
2. Numbers, Days of the Week, Months
2a. Colors in Spanish
2b. Foods in Spanish
3. Saying the time, discussing points in time
4. Measurements (weight, liquid, length)
5. How to roll the "r"
(Spanish is more fun to learn when you can roll the "r"!)
6. Building Vocabulary
7. Ordinal Numbers in Spanish
8. Here and There
9. Family Tree
10. Orientation - Directions and Location
11. Survival Phrases
12. Slow down and please repeat!
13. Manners: Please, Thank You, You're Welcome
14. Manners: Excuse Me, I'm Sorry
Remember that as you learn Spanish, practice makes perfect. Practice what you are learning with family and friends whenever possible.
Follow the link below to learn Spanish grammar.
Spanish Grammar and Exercises